CPS certification expires every two years.
Technicians and Instructors are required to successfully complete the recertification process before current certification expires. In order to recertify, each CPST must meet the following requirements and record the activities in his or her online profile:
- Conduct all five different types of seat checks
- Participate in at least one community event (one checkup or community workshop)
- Participate in at least six continuing education units (CEUs). As part of ongoing quality assurance, you may be randomly selected for a CEU audit. Keep proof of content and completion of CEUs handy for three months after you recertify. You can monitor your audit status in your online profile.
- If you are an instructor, complete 20 Certification/Certification Renewal Course teaching hours.
- Pay the recertification fee. The recertification fee is $50 for technicians and instructor candidates and $60 for instructors.
For further information about the recertification process please visit: http://cert.safekids.org
9400 Holly Avenue NE, Suite 201
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Injury Prevention Resource Center
3220 Richards Lane, Suite A
Santa Fe, NM 87505